HostGator is a Houston-based provider of shared, reseller, vps, and dedicated web hosting with an additional presence in Austin,
Short History of HostGator
HostGator was founded in October 2002 by Brent Oxley, who was then a student at Florida Atlantic University. By 2006, HostGator had passed the 200,000 mark in registered domains.
In 2007, the company moved from the original office in Boca Raton, Florida to a new 20,000 square foot building in Houston, Texas.
In 2008, Inc. Magazine ranked HostGator in its list of fastest growing companies at 21 in the United States and 1 in the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas area The same year, HostGator decided to make their hosting service green hosting by working with Integrated Ecosystem Market Services. In 2008, HostGator prepared for competition companies touting themselves as providing “unlimited” hosting services. Founder Brent Oxley was adamant about being able to back up an “unlimited” option prior to offering service named as such and increased staffing. He suggested that this move increased sales by at least 30%.
In 2010 an office was added in Austin, Texas In 2011, HostGator started operations in India with a its office in Nashik, Maharashtra and a data centre.
In 2012 HostGator was sold to Endurance International Group (EIG) for USD $225 million. On 21 June 2012, CEO and founder Brent Oxley announced the sale of HostGator, advised employees and users not to worry in part because Oxley would still own the buildings HostGator used. He said he wanted to travel the world before he had children. He was also candid about the failures in creating stable billing and register portions of HostGator, and hoped that Endurance might fix those.
As of 2013, HostGator hosts over 9 million domains and has over 400,000 customers
Low Rate Hosting
“HostGator is a great compromise between performance and price. They offer unlimited emails, MySQL databases, disk space, and bandwidth, plus 1-click installs of popular open-source projects, in addition to a 99.9% uptime guarantee on their shared hosting plans.
HostGator’s price-to-performance perks also apply to their vast array of other hosting options, such as VPS, dedicated servers, and even reseller hosting. Their many hosting options make them a great choice for sites on the rise, in need of options for the future.
For those just getting started and looking for a good, cheap host, HostGator bundles some nice features that hosting newbies can appreciate. A very nice site builder from Weebly is included. Their control panels are also very easy to use and a free domain is a nice touch.
If you are looking for a solid web host, with a ton of flexibility, plenty of power, and great price points, you should consider making HostGator your web host of choice.”
Founded in 2002, HostGator is one of the largest web hosts with a long lineage of dedicated server hosting. With updated hardware, including Intel Xeon Quad-core processors and a boatload of RAM, HostGator balances performance, quality of service, and competitive pricing.
As one of the few hosts to offer managed support and a Windows-based operating system, HostGator is an excellent fit for those seeking hassle-free ASP.NET support.
HostGator boasts a top-of-the-line, fully redundant network and datacenter, which dedicated hosting users should appreciate. The company also offers several unique IP addresses per dedicated server account.
Finally, HostGator has a fantastic support network and 24/7 customer service available via phone, chat, or email. Combining that support with plenty of power, HostGator is a very respectable choice for a dedicated server host.
So buy Dedicated Hosting from HostGator now
HostGator VPS Hosting
HostGator has built a great reputation in the industry for their shared hosting options. Their VPS solutions, with optional cPanel support, provide a nice and easy introduction to those that are new to VPS hosting and know their needs require more than a typical shared host.
Starting at low price points, HostGator makes transitioning to a VPS plan reasonable and doable. Each plan comes with two IPs and a bunch of storage, however, their CPU and RAM offerings could be better for their respective price tags.
HostGator’s strongest point comes from their state of the art datacenter. Featuring a fully redundant network with no single point of failure and multiple bandwidth providers, uptime should almost never be a concern.
Founded in 2002, HostGator is one of the largest online web hosts. They have more than 12,000 servers under management and award-winning support. If you are looking for a very small VPS server or value the strength of a great network, give HostGator a shot.”
HostGator WordPress Hosting
HostGator is great for all things shared hosting, and application-specific services — such as the classic one-click-install WordPress hosting — are no exception. The team recently updated its already clean and intuitive cPanel dashboard, wherein users can find a myriad of free apps and scripts to install, including WordPress. You could quite realistically have a WP-powered site up and running in as little as an afternoon.
As is the case with many of our favorite shared WordPress hosting providers, HostGator offers unlimited emails, databases, disk storage, and bandwidth. The one downfall is the lack of the popular free domain perk, but domain names are easy to obtain for around $10 to $15 bucks with any registrar. You can also select, register, and pay for a domain directly from the HostGator signup page.
If you’re serious about your WordPress hosting, we recommend HostGator’s new(er) managed WordPress platform, which is optimized for performance with cloud resources, multiple layers of caching tools, and a complimentary CDN. Managed WordPress plan subscribers enjoy up to 2.5x faster page load speeds for their website or blog. If you’re running a business website, this is an excellent investment.
Once your site is designed and ready for promotion, HostGator helps you kickstart your online marketing efforts with $100 in paid advertising credits. Attract blog readers, potential clients, or online shoppers browsing Google search results. Yay, traffic!!
We wish you the best of luck in your blog or online business hosting endeavors. WordPress is a known favorite in the space, and HostGator has established itself as a trusted partner well worthy of your consideration.”
This rating is not available yet. We haven’t evaluated HostGator for the “Website Builder” option yet as they do not currently offer this type of hosting service. We’re always working to keep our reviews up-to-date so check back later!
Does HostGator already offer the “Website Builder” option? Let us know.
Main Features of HostGator Hosting
* An Array of Hosting Options
- HostGator offers shared, dedicated, and VPS hosting, as well as domain registration and reselling options.
- The crux of HostGator’s services is their shared server hosting; this is what they’re known for excelling at in the industry. While focusing on the shared server segment of the market, HostGator has mastered what it takes to create a great customer experience, knowing the needs of the shared server client very well.
- HostGator’s understanding of the shared hosting user makes the team the ideal guide to lead customers into the virtual and dedicated server world as they outgrow the shared space over time.
* Great Support and Guarantee
- A 45-day money-back guarantee allows you ample time to try out HostGator and make sure that their hosting can serve your needs.
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee is pretty standard for the web hosting industry and will cover most people’s needs. If you need a higher uptime rate, you can find it, but it will cost you.
- 24/7/365 support is available via phone, chat, ticket system, and an online knowledge base.
* Lots of Freebies
- There are a lot of freebies that HostGator throws in with each hosting plan, including: unlimited disk and bandwidth, a free website builder and website building tools, over 4,000 website templates, free domain transfers, and unlimited mySQL databases.
- Additionally, new site owners can call attention to their web property utilizing the $100-worth of Google Adwords credits, courtesy of the HostGator team.
- In addition, there are 1-click installs available for all of the major open-source projects, such as WordPress, Joomla, and Magento
* Control Panels Galore
- HostGator uses the latest cPanel software to power their administration consoles. You can get rolling quickly, including tasks like organizing and launching eCommerce shopping carts.
- Using their backend panel, you can gather stats and logs using AWStats, Webalizer, Raw Log Manager, and Error Logs.
- A web-based file manager will help you keep your server clean and free of junk.
Ease of Use and sufficient tutorial
Reliability & Support
With a 99.9% uptime guarantee HostGator performs admirably when it comes to reliability. This level of service is the industry standard and while there are hosts with a higher uptime rate, they also have a higher cost. HostGator has been in the industry for a long time, so you can feel safely assured that they are not a scam and will be around for the long term.
HostGator Includes Extensive Online Knowledge Base for Common Hosting Issues and 24/7/365 Live Support via Email, Phone, and Chat
Now create your dreamed website with HostGator
Please write a review now if you are using HostGator.